Saturday, November 7, 2009

Across the creek

It was 65 today so I decided to venture across the creek. I started by crossing on the highway and then just going onto an animal trail. I managed to find a nice little spring doing this.



However I quickly gave this up due to the large amount of thorny bushes. I believe most to be blackberry bushes which is nice in a way but not nice to walk through.





So I crossed the creek to get to the path I mowed last weekend. However crossing the creek is a bit of a challenge as both banks are 3-5 high.



So you have to find a place where you can get down into the creek, walk a way in the water, and then go up the other side. Not so easy, especially when surrounded by thorn bushes.

Still I made it and went up a ways, got to the point where it is a meadow on the other side of the creek, crossed again getting soaked, almost losing the boots to the mud, and got to the meadow across the creek! Once in the meadow it was very nice. No thorn bushes, less chance of poison ivy. Heaven!

Here's a picture from the furthest most point on our land with the house. Of course the bush is in the way.


Here's a picture closer without the bush.



Crossing the creek again I was glad to get back to the civilized path I've created . No more threat of poison ivy or thorn bushes or need to cross a creek by jumping into it and finding a way to jump out again!


All in all it is very nice but we need a bridge closer to the meadowland!

1 comment:

Jen said...

"What happened to the Bush!?!?" (she screams in horror and amazement)