Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sesame Street DVD - Adult-Only Entertainment?

Just when I was not going to have anything to post about I found something.

Firstly though, Zelma smiled today when I played the banjo. So it isn't just the fiddle that she likes. I'm sure some may hear my latest on the upcoming 2007 Christmas album. We usually practice for about an hour and record. Very professional.

Secondly, I saw mention that Sesame Street is coming to DVD. As ADULTS ONLY! Oh my.

Lookie at the New York Times or Slashdot. Apparently since Cookie Monster has a pipe in some of the episodes the volumes 1 and 2 of Sesame Street are for adult viewing only. Can't have a cookie addict smoking a pipe. Not to mention apparently he no longer eats just cookies. Also because Oscar is too sad. 

Its really amazing we all made it through childhood! My goodness! With Sesame Street destroying our young minds. We probably don't even know how traumatized we really are... I always wondered why I smoked and liked to eat lots of cookies, now I know. Darn you Cookie Monster!!!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I heard that now C is for carrot, instead of cookie. What are all of the parents going to say when their children start turning orange from eating too many carrots? Because, you know, children have to eat whatever it is that Cookie Monster eats!

Zelmarific said...

But, Daddy! I want to smoke a pipe and eat cookies, just like you!

dave grosser said...

We all want to be just like your daddy, Zelma.